Has it really been THREE months since I updated this blog? I have lots of links and ideas to add… BUT we are recovering from a long vacation (does that make sense?) and are inundated with luggage. :)
In the meantime, here are some links to story sites that I posted on a parenting forum. They were well received so I thought I would post them here too.
As always, visit and read with a critical mind. Ah… but then, you know that already. *S*
- Aesop’s Fables
- BAB Books
- Between The Lions Printable Stories
- Book Hive – with videos of professional storytellers!
- BookPALS Story Online – video of celebs reading books… with accompanying activities
- Children’s Books Online
- Children’s Literature – Links etc
- Classics for Young People
- Contemporary Writing for Children & Young Adults
- Dr Seuss Ideas – Lesson plans and printables for Dr Seuss books
- Fable Vision Library – books by Peter Reynolds and more
- Free Animated E-books (science)
- International Children’s Digital Library
- Kids’ Corner – featuring Beatrix Potter’s Peter Rabbit in audio & other languages too!
- Learning Page
- Leo Lionni Teacher Resources (my kid likes Swimmy)
- Mem Fox – learn about the stories behind the stories and hear Mem Fox read aloud!
- New York Public Library’s E-Books
- Online Children’s Stories
- Reading A to Z
- Reading Rainbow – LOVE their lesson plans!
- Story A Month: Printable Patterns for felt-boards or folder games
- Story Place’s Digital Library
- Story Street
- Sunshine Online
- Teacher Tap E-books & Online Reading – lots of links!
- The North Star – by Peter Reynolds… inspiring! With teaching resources too!
- The Rosetta Stone Project – illustrated antique books
- TumbleBook Library – Queens Borough Public Library
Salam, I’ve been wondering about you and this blog too, sister! xD Glad you’re back. I think I’ve e-mailed you before about hosting, but that’s taken care of already, so pretend the e-mail doesn’t exist. :)
Those links look wonderful, I still like children’s books myself. ;) Thank you!
wa `alaykum as salaam Aneesah!
Oh so sorry for not replying to your email… I was away for close to 3 months! Hehe I know what you mean… I like kids’ books too!
Mashaa`Allaah – lovely links. While online books are cool, I still prefer them ‘in the flesh’. Thanks for sharing the links tho!
wa `alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh Umm J
I see you have just updated too heh… Yes I still prefer a book in my hand too!
Here is another great link for you to add. My kids used it often when they 1st started to read. http://www.starfall.com.
wa `alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh Umm Nour…
Ah yes, I’d forgotten that one and yes, it is not bad! I’ve also added a few more links. Jazakillah khayran!